Work Permits / Visas and LMIA

Whether you are the employer who wants to hire a foreign worker or a worker who has an offer of employment, Immigration Pros will help you with processing the application for the LMIA / LMO and/or the application for the work permit.


We will direct the foreign worker step by step on how to go about presenting his/her application for a work permit. Our Immigration Consultants will assist the employer in getting the LMIA (former LMO) and the worker in obtaining the visa and work permit. A professionally prepared application makes a very big difference when applying to embassies overseas. An LMIA (former LMO) is no guarantee that the worker will get a visa to enter Canada. We carefully review the requirements of the Canadian embassy that handles applications from the worker's country of origin, and we make sure everything is presented according to those guidelines.


There are different types of foreign nationals that can request a work permit or a change in their current work permit.
Work Permit Holders
We can help people who have a work permit for one job and want to apply for a work permit for a different position that has been offered to them. Also, we can help to extend your work permit with the same employer (work permit extension or work permit renewal). A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) formerly known as Labour Market Opinion (LMO) is required before applying for a work permit renewal with the same employer or with a new employer.
Students, visitors and in-Canada permanent resident applicants
People can apply from within Canada if they have a valid study permit, or if their spouse/parents have a study or work permit and if they have a temporary resident permit that is valid for six months or more, or if they applied for permanent residence from inside Canada and have to pass certain stages in the main application process before being eligible for work (e.g. In-Canada spouses, live-in caregivers).

Only for job seekers inside Canada

If you are currently in Canada under a work or study permit, and are looking for a job within Canada, please fill out this form. We will contact you in case we have something to offer, please do not contact us before we reach out to you.


Our fees range: 

Call +1-888-276-3399 or +1-416-840-6570 we will gladly provide you with a free quote for your particular case
(We speak English, Spanish, French, and Farsi ) or

Download this form and
send it by e-mail or fax or
Click here to send us
a message.
 cuadro wv
North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
Citizens of the United States and Mexico need a job offer without the approval of Service Canada in the following cases:
  • business visitors
  • professionals
  • intra-company transferees
  • traders and investors
Canada–Chile Free Trade Agreement (CCFTA)
The Canada–Chile Free Trade Agreement makes it easier for Chilean citizens to temporarily enter Canada. The categories, rules and requirements are similar to those under NAFTA.
General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS)
Persons who work for foreign companies from World Trade Organization member countries, that provide services in Canada can get a work permit without an approved job offer in the following cases:
  • business visitors
  • professionals
  • intra-company transferees
Persons exempt for work permits
Persons that have a job offer approved by Human Resources Canada can apply for a work permit in Canada. Only the following workers in specific circumstances are exempt from needing a work permit whilst working in Canada:
  • Business Visitors
  • Foreign Representatives
  • Family Members of Foreign Representatives
  • Military Personnel
  • Foreign Government Officers
  • On-Campus Employment
  • Performing Artists
  • Athletes and Coaches
  • News Reporters
  • Public Speakers
  • Convention Organizers
  • Clergy
  • Judges and Referees
  • Examiners and Evaluators
  • Expert Witnesses or Investigators
  • Health-Care Students
  • Civil Aviation Inspectors
  • Accident or Incident Inspectors
  • Crew Members
  • Emergency Service Providers
These persons still need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (if applicable) to enter Canada as visitors.